Border Control Measures of Japan
1. Business travelers are admitted to enter Japan from March 1, 2022
2. Quarantine period is shortened. No quarantine is required for some travelers.
as of March 1, 2022
【Designated countries/regions in response to coronavirus variant Omicron (B.1.1.529) as of 2022/5/17】
Bulgaria, Egypt, Laos, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa
【Valid Vaccination Certificate】
1. The certificate must be issued by a government or public institution
2. The following items must be indicated in Japanese or English:
Name, date of birth, vaccine name/manufacturer, date of vaccination, number of doses administered
3. The certificate must clearly indicate that you have received two doses from among the following vaccines (vaccine name/manufacturer):
・ COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna/Moderna
・ Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine/Janssen
※ For the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine/Janssen, one dose is considered equivalent to two doses.
※ Doses will also be considered valid even if both are not the same vaccine.
※ Regarding the application of measures based on Japan's Enhanced Border Measure (27), Comirnaty (manufactured by Fosun Pharma/BioNTech) , as well as Covishield and COVOVAX (manufactured by the Serum Institute of India), will be treated as identical to Comirnaty/Pfizer, Vaxzevria/AstraZeneca and Nuvaxovid/Novavax, respectively.
4. The certificate must clearly indicate that you have received at a third dose, with it being one of the following vaccines (vaccine name/manufacturer):
・ COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna/Moderna
※ Regarding the application of measures based on Japan's Enhanced Border Measure (27), Comirnaty (manufactured by Fosun Pharma/BioNTech) and COVOVAX (manufactured by the Serum Institute of India) will be treated as identical to Comirnaty/Pfizer and Nuvaxovid/Novavax, respectively.
※ Vaccines not listed in "3." don’t count as the first or second dose.
<Steps for shortening the quarantine period after entering Japan>
*The only recognized testing centers are the medical facilities or public health centers listed at the link on the left (and only PCR or quantitative antigen tests are accepted).
*Use the QR codes to access the websites
*A trip to a testing center after three days after entering Japan to take a test to reduce your quarantine period is not considered an essential trip. Please go by private vehicle or means other than public transportation.
Source: Japanese COVID-19 border measures change on March 1, 2022 (Quarantine Station, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Japanese Government)
What you need to do to enter Japan
◆1. Before Departure
a. Obtain visa
- All foreign nationals need to obtain visa to enter Japan
- For visa application, you need a sponsoring company in Japan. RX Japan will be the one for our exhibitors.
b. Obtain COVID-19 negative test result certificate
- All entrants must provide a certificate of inspection within 72 hours prior to departure.
c. Answer questionnaire
- Fill in the questionnaire from the Web (https://arqs-qa.followup.mhlw.go.jp/) and save the issued QR code.
- It is recommended that you answer the questionnaire on the day of the entry to Japan
d. Read through the pledge and fill it in
(If you travel from designated country/region and also do not have valid vaccination certificate)
- You need to submit the written pledge to the airport quarantine office when entering Japan
◆2. At Immigration in Japan
b. Take a PCR test
- You will be tested for Covid-19 at the airport
c. Download MySOS (application) to your mobile/tablet device
- The application will be used when reporting your health condition, etc. to the authority including negative COVID-19 test result to shorten your quarantine.
◆3. After Arrival
*You may use the public transportation for self-isolation at your own place for 24 hours after entry into Japan.